Sunday 1 June 2014

Post 152 New pots

It's good to have another glaze firing and a batch of new pots. My last firing was a long time ago and I posted some of those pots in January and  February. I hope you enjoy this batch.


The first one is Pot 120 with a mint green satin glaze. Applied a little heavier than I have before and the colour and feel is more complete. This is a largish oval pot at 440mm x 345mm x 89mm.

I've made a couple of simple little semi cascade pots before but this one Pot 114, is something completely different. I think I commented previously that it is dimensionally the same proportions as an old chinese one I saw in a museum in Japan. A heavy application of my red brown satin glaze filled in some ot the relief definition. As you can see it is hexagonal and I have rounded over the corners to give it quite and oriental feel.
It finished up at about 155mm across the flats and 136 mm high. I've not grown any semi cascade bonsai up until recently but now have a couple of figs and bouganvillias in training. It would be nice to put one of those in this pot.

This is a little shohin S39 with a concave profiled wall, 170mm long. The glaze is a reasonably glossy one in a butterscotch colour.
This one S40 is the same patttern and size in my often used favourite satin blue.

Another shohin S38 at 190mm length, is a bowed wall rectangular pot as are the others above. It is in a light brown I've used regularly.

Same glaze here on this rectangular pot , Pot No 116 is 260mm x 192mm x 82mm. I made this one for one of my taller wide based sergent tanukis.

Pot 108 is a round pot with diameter of 195mm and height of 52mm. The glaze is a satin mustard colour. I made this one and the next which is the same size for my first two tanukis. In Post 234434 I showed an update on T2 which is headed for this pot.

Pot 112 is the same size in an antique glaze, quite a mottled colouring.

And the last one for this post is a small oval, Pot 109 in a quite metallic dark olive colour. It is 272mm x 208mm x 53mm; a useful little pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear your advice, feedback or questions